Sunday, April 28, 2013
Web 2.0 Project #2 - Photo Sharing Project
For my second project to complete my 50 points for the Web 2.0 project, photo sharing was my choice (as you may have obviously seen from my previous pictures.) I have been photo sharing for about two years now, and I find it to be a great form of documentation. I actually have a folder on my hard drive labeled 'My Life', that contains exactly that. I have pictures from at least the past three years of special events, seasons, and anything else marking a chapter in my life. A library could do this is as well. Already, many libraries will have a picture of their library on their website.
One thing that libraries could do more often is take pictures of events that have occurred and post the pictures on their website. I know many libraries have pictures of the librarians that work there so the users that come in will be able to recognize them. Acquiring pictures for a library can be a very tricky process however, especially if you aren't part of the staff of a library. When I made an attempt to take some pictures inside my library, I was told that it was illegal for me to do and to stop immediately. Personally, a mixture of impatience and laziness would keep me from asking permission to share a photo from someone else, though I know it's the right thing to do.
Usually the owner of the picture will enable sharing or not on Flickr, which is a very good indication that permission is granted to share. Even so, I think it is mandatory to give credit to the artist. Flickr was the main website that I decided to check out as well as the photo sharing software Picasa. While Flickr is a nice place to post photos, I could see myself using Picasa for just about everything photo related.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment